A changing table in the nursery provides a safe, and convenient place to change and dress baby. There are many different types of changing tables, including those that have a built-in dresser or add-on units that can be used on other furniture. Whichever version you choose, be sure to follow these helpful tips.
Tips for selecting product:
- When selecting a changing table, look for one with elevated sides that help prevent the baby from falling.
- For add-on units, before leaving home measure the length and width of the changing area available on the dresser or use location and then compare to the requirements for the add-on unit before purchasing. Also check for any requirements for attachment.
Tips for use:
- If the changing table is provided with a restraint system, ALWAYS use restraint system to restrain baby when the changing table is in use.
- ALWAYS keep one hand on the baby. Be sure any baby products you need, such as diapers or wipes, are easily accessible.
- NEVER turn your back on the baby when reaching for baby products.
- Most importantly, NEVER leave the baby unattended, even for the shortest moment.